Simple Halibut Ceviche
The lime marinated halibut combined with spicy white onion, fresh summer tomato, a little heat from jalapeno and tangy flavor of cilantro make for a clean and refreshing dish that’ll complement your summer dinner hour or afternoon barbeque or even a more formal brunch.
- 1lb fresh pacific halibut, diced into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup white onion, small diced (1 small – medium onion)
- 5-6 fresh Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1-2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4-cup fresh chopped cilantro (add additional cilantro if desired)
- Fresh lime juice, enough to cover the diced halibut (about 1/2 cup)
- Sea salt and pepper
Place the diced halibut, lime juice and 1/4 cup of the white onion in a glass or non-reactive bowl. Add about 1 teaspoon of sea salt and stir.