Potato Salad With Bacon & Eggs
A perfect addition to any Fourth of July feast.
- 6 medium russet potatoes (about 2lbs), peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. dill relish
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved, pitted black olives from a can
Place potatoes in a large pot and pour in cold water to cover by 2". Add 2 Tbsp. salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then let cool slightly (the potatoes should be warm when you dress them, which will help them soak up the dressing).